And Max became Internet-famous: Der Flounder: Downloading installer packages from the Mac App Store with AppStoreExtract.
Since I’m still traveling, I’ll have to keep it short, but I did want to specifically mention Quiver, because it can import Evernote ENEX files, even those consisting of multiple notes. Yes, you’ll lose the OCR and some formatting, but at least you get to reuse your content in an open format. See also the MacStories review.
A few notes from the past two months:
- 2016 Reality: Lazy Authentication Still the Norm.
- Apple on GitHub.
- A Brief History of Email Apps.
- 1Password 6 for Mac is here!.
- Dropbox: Saying goodbye to Carousel and Mailbox.
- Recommended USB Type-C Legacy Cables.
- iOS App Store behaves mysteriously? Tapping a tab item 10 times deletes caches and reloads everything.
- Not on the Mac App Store.
- OS X 10.11 zerschießt Recovery-System des Backups.
- Der Flounder: Upgrading to OS X El Capitan using the OS X 10.11.2 installer removes package installation receipts.
- I looked at high end MBP geekbenches through out the years. You can just see Intel give up after 2011/2012..
- Mind the adware. Cyberduck: “@macupdate Please remove the adware installer from your site. We will forward all support costs in a monthly bill to you.”
- Internet Explorer End of Support.
- Office 2011 support has been extended to 10/10/2017.
- Why that Swiss flag? Exposing the misuse of the flag of Switzerland.
So, next week then, in a different time zone, and in apparently very different weather, we’ll meet at Gloria on Thursday, 21 January 2015, from 18:45 for the [MacSysAdmin] Bier #49.