So many dates:
- 16 Sep: iOS 9.
- 29 Sep: iPhone 6s [Plus] (and, you know, “soon” in Switzerland).
- 29 Sep – 2 Oct: MacSysAdmin 2015.
- 30 Sep: OS X El Capitan.
- Oct: Apple TV.
- Nov: iPad Pro.
Thank <favorite metaphysical entity> for calendars!
I was mostly away, so let me be brief:
- I really enjoyed watching Spolsky’s You Suck at Excel, in which, he says, “I try to teach my team a bare minimum of non-incompetence at spreadsheets”; including notes in Trello.—But maybe the deck chair and the sea’s surf and the cool bottle of Fiano di Avellino enhanced my enthusiasm…
- If we need this, maybe we’re using too many services: Sameroom?
- “We haven’t got time to automate this stuff, because we’re too busy dealing with the problems caused by our lack of automation.” —Everyone. Totally unrelated.
- Helpful: Reorganizing a wiki or documentation system.
- Always: Write better Markdown.
- In case you’re in the market for a new router: OnHub, the Google On app and your privacy.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation: Privacy Badger.
- Used to be big(-ish), and now it’s dead: Wuala wird eingestellt.
- Der Flounder: Creating a VMware ESXi-hosted VM using VMware Fusion 8.x.
- Netflix Is Dumping Anti-Virus, Presages Death Of An Industry.
- LdapPasswdWeb (via Twitter).
- Browser Fairy, like Choosy (via MacStories).
- Google Postmaster Tools.
- For Mik: OT: NeXTBSD aka FreeBSD X.
- Sneaky adware caught accessing users’ Mac Keychain without permission.
- 2 Kinds of People.
- HTTP is obsolete. It’s time for the distributed, permanent web.
- Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter Says Cable Unplugged (When Not).
- Share all your browser tabs at once.
- Google, Twitter Work on Open Source ‘Instant Articles’ for Mobile.
- DirectLinks – Canisbos (via Daring Fireball).
On 17 September 2015, at 18:45, at Gloria, with updated iPhones and iPads and already excited for Göteborg, we’ll meet for the [MacSysAdmin] Bier #45.