Everybody’s likely to pull their own highlights from the WWDC, but I hope—dare I predict?—John Gruber’s “The Talk Show: Live from WWDC 2015” will be all the way up there. I’ve mentioned how much I like Apple’s (new) openness—latest example: Stephen Fry met Jony Ive—but this is a whole new level: “I shit you not”, Phil Schiller. “Apple doesn’t do this,” said Marco. And Phil blushed.
Assorted quick notes from WWDC:
- Makes one hopeful: Andreas Schenk: “Reading the release notes for Server 5 (El Capitan Server) makes me happy.”
- Incredible service: WWDC notes by rtrouton.
- The iPad grows up: MacStories: Initial Thoughts on iOS 9’s iPad Multitasking: A Deep Transformation.—“Approved” by Phil Schiller.
- In case you’re confused: What Apple Music means for iTunes Match.
- In case you can’t wait: Apple Developer: Fonts.
Here’s your chance to escape IRC (say,
##osx-server) and try out Slack: “Have you joined our #macadmins @SlackHQ team yet? Sign up now! http://t.co/0eOE4Bka4B”. This is the team. And you can sign up here.—Be prepared for lots of GIFs…
Really good reads:
- In our lifetime: Self-Driving Trucks Are Going to Hit Us Like a Human-Driven Truck. And Google’s Plan to Eliminate Human Driving in 5 Years.
- Huh? GoDaddy Isn’t the Company You Think It Is.
- Paul Ford: What is Code?
The last one is gonna cost some time… and might actually be for your clients or bosses or generally inquisitive parties.
- Trinket helps you teach with code.
- Google Photos.
- Project Jacquard.
- I know this exists elsewhere, I just didn’t know it had come to Switzerland, too: revendo. I sent them a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) and about 4 days later, I got about CHF 750 on my account. You could do better, but not with less hassle.
- Truly tinfoil: Micro Snitch
- Marco.org: Disabling Turbo Boost to get more MacBook Pro battery life. With this: Turbo Boost Switcher for OS X. Instant fan stopper.
- OWC Announces New USB-C Dock. Coz I finally did order the new MacBook…