Also, without Glassboard next year. Not that anybody posted anything this year…
There will be one more beer this year and then it’s time for next year:
- #37: 15 Jan
- #38: 19 Feb
- #39: 19 Mar
- #40: 16 Apr
- #41: 21 May
- #42: 18 June
- #43: 16 July
- #44: 20 Aug
- #45: 17 Sep
- #46: 15 Oct
- MacSysAdmin.se 2015: 29 Sep – 2 Oct (rumored dates)
- #47: 19 Nov
- #48: 17 Dec, not happening
Our Google calendar is updated.
Also, English now, since other people might want to listen in…
And since it’s been a while, just a random collection for your entertainment:
- The next time you want to scream at your dad, uncle, random-friend-with-mistaken-sense-of-IT-support-entitlement, please remember Jessica. Really. If you only read one thing from this invitation, make it this: “And who built this world of freedom, a world that has so well served 17-year-old Jessica? You did. We did.”
- All who worry/complain about security should go fund these guys: pEp – pretty Easy privacy.—I don’t and yet I did.
- Oops, USB malware.
- Please tell me again about Adobe: Adobe is Spying on Users, Collecting Data on Their eBook Libraries. Alternatives:
- Really secure, but sounds terribly dangerous: OS X Self Destruct.
- Tarsnap: Online backups for the truly paranoid.
- Since you don’t read them anyway, here’s the summary: Terms of Service; Didn’t Read.
- If Threema doesn’t cut it: Wickr.
- The next time your client/boss complains about the project’s costs, let them get some perspective.
- My team’s new Inbox: Front.
- My new default browser.
- More backup like CrashPlan: Zetta. Coz, you know…
- So, Carbon Copy Cloner version 4 is out (and, my, it’s nice). But not free. Possible alternative, for a quick clone: Counterpart. (That guy also has a nice set of Mac OS X Monitoring Tools.)
- Nice collection of Terminal tricks by Craig Hockenberry.
- Make your (Mac) OS X Dock look like a Windows Status Bar: uBar. Wait, what?
- A successor to Dabble DB: airtable.
- Hmm, Directory-as-a-Service: JumpCloud.
- OmniGraffle online: Lucidchart/
- Your Mac App configs in Dropbox: Mackup.
- Or maybe Kitchenplan?
- Web frontend for rsync.
- Dunno: GroundControl.
- For Christian: Free Universal Construction Kit.
Scalable: This means possible to climb or more rarely possible to weigh. It does not mean possible to enlarge or reduce.
Das Café Gloria wird renoviert und bleibt bis zum 15. Oktober geschlossen. Wir sind wieder für Sie da ab dem 16. Oktober 2014.
Just in time to get the streaming started…